Keep Your Motor Running: Tips for Optimizing Energy Levels

Published Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:18 PM

Want to hit the ground running each morning? How about operating at peak capacity throughout the day? Optimize your energy level with a few simple steps.

Sleep: Get a full night of shut-eye. Most adults need 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Having trouble catching your ZZZs? Read WebMD's Sleep Tips  for the 411 on sleep including avoiding alcohol and unplugging distracting lights in your room.

Snacking: Much like a car, you can't run on empty. Refuel throughout the day with small, healthy snacks such as nuts and hummus and veggies. Read our past post Healthy Office Eating Made Easy for more ideas.

Stretching: Studies show that productivity slumps after 90-minutes and too much sitting leads to muscle fatigue and discomfort. Reboot your productivity by getting the blood flowing with gentle desk stretches: feeling good equals performing well.

Taking Breaks: Pace yourself through the day, allowing chunks of downtime to refresh your concentration and energy. Break projects into discrete portions and take breaks throughout. A fresh eye will often catch mistakes or allow for a new perspective.

Taking Time Off: Stave off burnout with time off from work. Add a three day weekend to your schedule when you can and be sure to take longer vacation weeks when work allows. Burning the candle at both ends decreases productivity so make time to recharge and refresh.

How do you stay energized throughout the day? Share your thoughts here and on the Pendaflex Facebook page.

by Bradley Eggers

Filed under:

Comments

# Emma said on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:47 PM

It's particularly ceuonraging to hear reports about you. This is my personal first time of viewing your site and I know that it is full of excellent achievements for those really serious about this topic. As well as my full-time job as a dentist, I've been tinkering with how to gain information in other areas of life. I'm surprised that I'm now making all-around 300 month via my work. I will check out your site to find out what I can study on your experience. I've thought about the idea of teaching my girlfriends on this topic nonetheless coming here showed me I still have quite a distance to go. You discovered some secrets i always never knew about. Appreciate your post!

# Andy said on Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:59 AM

Time to face the music armed with this great ifnmoratoin.

# buy oem software said on Friday, April 27, 2012 3:21 PM

wIGQr0 Really enjoyed this article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

# oem software said on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:36 PM

gTQwUT Appreciate you sharing, great blog.Thanks Again. Awesome.

# oem software said on Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:18 PM

Y782AX Hey, thanks for the article.Really thank you! Will read on...

About Beyond Folders™

Beyond FoldersTM is written by a team of Pendaflex associates passionate about time management, communications, productivity and workplace organization.  Believing in  "continuous improvement" on both a personal and professional level, they share their unique perspectives on subjects of common interest to our readers.

Join the Beyond Folders™ Community of readers passionate about time management, productivity, communication and workspace organization.

Read BFC News